From Workbasket magazine, September of 1950, and is another iteration on the theme of strip-knitted rugs. This issue is my own, and is not yet up at the Antique Pattern Library site.
In my grandmother's hoard, I found a set of "nipples" used to roll scraps of fabric into strips to be sew together to make rag rug. It was Covid and I had relatively little else to do, so I decided to give it a try. Yeesh! What a chore! You have to be really, really bored or really, really desperate to tackle a project like that.
Or really really hard up. I have a project from a mid-30s Workbasket that unravels burlap bags to crochet into rugs. Imagine what that will do to your hands.
In my grandmother's hoard, I found a set of "nipples" used to roll scraps of fabric into strips to be sew together to make rag rug. It was Covid and I had relatively little else to do, so I decided to give it a try. Yeesh! What a chore!
ReplyDeleteYou have to be really, really bored or really, really desperate to tackle a project like that.
Or really really hard up. I have a project from a mid-30s Workbasket that unravels burlap bags to crochet into rugs. Imagine what that will do to your hands.
DeleteI can understand doing that during The Depression or even WWII, but wowser! You are correct. That would just tear your hands to ribbons.
ReplyDelete