Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Vintage Gift Ideas - A Jersey "Cagoule"

 


I was wondering why I had not posted this before, perhaps  because I have no idea where it came from.  I think I pulled it off Pinterest but now can't find it.

The original is a pattern offer, and from the style of the illustration, I'd say it was from the 1950's.  Left-click to enlarge - if you have a sewing machine and know how to cut/hem wool or acrylic jersey, I don't think a pattern is necessary. It takes a 85cm square (about 34 inches) of material.

5 comments:

mamafrog said...

Tres, tres chic, and definitely 50's. I would swear I've seen this particular pattern somewhere else, maybe a magazine or something?

Sam said...

Would make a warm underscarf in the dead of winter.

Shay said...

mamafrog, it's def from an old French sewing/fashion magazine, and I would have said from the Benes Addict site but...I can't find it there. https://benesaddict.fr/category/vintagerie/

I try very hard to note where I got stuff but sometimes it slips through the cracks.

PattycatX6 said...

W, Cool. I'm going to make this! Thanks.

mamafrog said...

Oh dear, a new site to look at, lol.I don't know where the pattern came from, nothing came up on reverse image search, but I don't go on French sites a lot. I used to look at one, but have lost the link, and it was mostly cross stitch patterns.