Friday, February 2, 2024

Quote of the Day


I shall walk in the sun alone
Whose golden light you loved:
I shall sleep alone
And, stirring, touch an empty place:
I shall write uninterrupted
(Would that your gentle paw could stay my moving pen just once again!).

I shall see beauty
But none to match your living grace:
I shall hear music
But not so sweet as the droning song
With which you loved me.

I shall fill my days
But I shall not, cannot forget:
Sleep soft, dear friend,
For while I live you shall not die. ~ Michael Joseph

 

3 comments:

Lady Anne said...

I love that poem! And I do hope nothing has happened to any of your crew.

Shay said...

NOt since the old gunfighter :-(

Sam said...

I love this poem! Little Miss Maine Coon is still with us, 16.5yrs old, cancer but still demanding 5-6 meals a day.