Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tatting--Some Motifs for Household Linens


The two motifs shown come from a very-much-the-worse-for-wear, four-page remnant of what is probably a Coats & Clarks tatting booklet from the mid-to-late 1940's. I started No. 8917, made a hash of the middle, and am trying it again -- the Mission thrift shop had a basket of vintage #30 tatting cotton last week at two for a buck so I have several colors from which to choose (the shop also had a baggie filled with the World's Ugliest Orphan Earrings for a dollar ninety-nine but that's a post for another day).

Instructions on my Flickr account.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I tried to make 8915, make a Bulgarian Lizard knot of it. Can't wait to see the World's Ugliest Orphan Earrings....

Unknown said...

Oh, I recognize those motifs! I probably have one of those same booklets from the 1940's!