Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Junior Workbasket - Monograms


I've been at such a white-hot level of fury these past three days that I completely forgot to post my usual Tuesday vintage project.  Here you go, from the January, 1953 issue of Workbasket magazine -- something for the Junior Workbasket readers.  

"Imagine what fun it would be to write thank you notes on your very own monogrammed stationery!  It isn't as hard as it sounds, either..."

Instructions for monograms, a project using old Christmas cards, and making a piggybank from an empty peanut-butter jar can be found on my Flickr account.

3 comments:

Bunnykins said...

Sigh. Monogrammed stationery; deckle edged stationery, in pale blue linen stock. Those were the days.

Sam said...

Thank you for being an island of sanity and posting these lovely things. Once I get the costumes for "Oklahoma" going, going to try that last tatted edging you posted.

Anonymous said...

I understand. I had to put a picture of a basket of kittens on my desk as an antidote...

Now is the time for all of us to get to work. Write, call, march, sing, stand, get in the way of this madness as much as possible. There are more decent folks than not. It's time to show how that's done (even if one should have learned that by five years old). Be kind, don't bully. Be generous, not greedy. Be a good neighbor.

Thanks for a calm moment, I needed that.