Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Sixty Million Frenchmen (Had Better Stand By)

image from agence eureka

Lord knows I should have learned my lesson, but for some reason I decided that my two sisters and I (USA, USN and USMC, respectively) really need to go to Paris next year.  I found a river cruise that's being offered at a great rate, and decide that we can follow up the cruise with a quick trip to Alsace because Haguenau.  I present for your reading pleasure a slightly edited version of the ensuant three-way text conversation.

I've decided to go to Paris next April.  Anyone want to go with me?

I'm in.

Me me pick me.

I'm looking at a (TM) river cruise its from Paris to Normandy and back. Afterwards we can take the train to Haguenau.

I have always wanted to do a (TM) cruise

I can meet you in Paris I'm not good on a boat

ITS A GODDAMNED RIVER

Yes dear

This is what we get for inviting the Army along

Hey Tip of the Spear

There are drugs for that 

Like she needs them

Yes I really want to be on a small boat with you two

I'll meet you in Paris

5 comments:

Bunnykins said...

Good thing the French have had practice at being invaded. Heaven help Paris.

Sam said...

Take the cruise - my friends and Aunt used Viking River Cruises on the Rhine and Danube. Friends are doing France in early July of next year. VERY smooth boat ride,most of the traveling is done at night. Bigger question is can all of you get along for the entire trip? I could with Sister #2 but not #3 or #4.

Shay said...

I'll sleep in a lifeboat if I have to.

Bunnykins said...

I think earbuds are a necessity. What you can't hear, you won't respond to.
You lot sound like my grandmother, mother and great aunts sitting around a table, all talking at once, disagreeing, agreeing and making up again, then carrying on. Should be a lot of fun. Take a deck of cards and a measuring tape. My family used to end up squabbling about which one was the tallest (ya, all of 5'3-1/4"), and laughing at who was cheating by wearing shoes. You never know.

Jackie said...

Those river cruises look like a lot of fun. And what a great way to see a place!