Friday, August 16, 2013

You Know You're In Trouble When You Hear ---


"Hmmm...curious.  I've never seen that before."

Quoth the physical therapist, a nice English gentleman who warned me "You might find this unpleasant*" before putting me through a series of exercises that left me vomiting and covered with sweat.

It would appear that not only do I have Benign** Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, but I have it in both ears.

Fortunately the therapy I'm being given will clear it up in a week or so, although I'm not looking forward to the interim. He also told me to sleep in the recliner for a few days.

UPDATED TO ADD:  I have a host of friends.  One of them just pointed out helpfully that this proves I have rocks in my head.

*Typical British understatement.
**Benign, my ass.

(inner ear diagram from NPR).

3 comments:

Paxford said...

Sending Hugs
[I have Meniere's so much much sympathy for the vertigo attacks]

Oh.. and try to avoid any 3D movies or TV with fast swooping scene cuts. My Eyes tracking those are enough to kick off a vertigo attack

Pax

Shay said...

Oh, Paxford, you have my sympathy. BPPV goes away after a while, at least.

Ladytats said...

Sorry for the dizzies, so glad you will only have them for a bit.