Wednesday, July 15, 2015

20-Year-Olds are Easy


Due to a humiliating and entirely preventable incident with a household fixture last night, when I walk through the interns’ room this morning my left hand is enclosed in a splint and a sling.

Intern #1:  Wow…what happened to your hand?

Me:  You know that lesbian bar on Main Street, the one about half a block north of the old courthouse?

Intern #1 (her eyes getting big and round):  Yes….

Me:  Well, it had nothing to do with it.

There is a brief pause while this sinks in.  Sean* cracks up.

Intern #1:  You are so mean.

3 comments:

Bunnykins said...

Oh, you are bad!

Sam said...

Oh my! Had me snorting with laughter on the front desk at work.
THANKS! and I hope the injury is not severe. Goes to show that it is all in the delivery of a line.

Lady Anne said...

Love it!