Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Sewing - Bunny Slippers from Le Petit Echo de la Mode


Bunny slippers for a toddler, from the Benes-Addict webpage.  Unfortunately it looks like someone talked her into an upgrade, and you now have to wait a minute or two for it to load. 

As is fairly normal for that time period (late 40's-mid 50's) the instructions are minimal and the assumption is that the reader sews well enough and doesn't need much more than the pattern diagram (in centimeters). I'd love to see a photo if anyone decides to make these. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look adorable. Gave up on trying to load the web page, though. (I guess you're more patient.)

Bunnykins said...

Guess I'm lucky, or the site is now working better, as I didn't have to wait long. BTW, did you notice the patterns for the old fashioned garter belt and long line bra? I've never seen patterns anywhere else for those. They look like something Wallace Simpson would have worn, made up in satin.

Shay said...

Pure speculation - perhaps someone talked her into jazzing up her site and it can't support the graphics on it now. I hope she gets it resolved, every Monday she posts a different set of vintage magazine/book extracts for knitting, sewing or crochet.

I wondered about the lingerie patterns - by the late 1940's I just assumed that rationing was over and Frenchwomen had access to commercially-made bras and girdles.

Fancy-schmancy.

Bunnykins said...

I don't know about France, but rationing was still in effect in the UK until 1954. I can't imagine making do and mending from the Depression to the 50s.