Thursday, October 15, 2009

Interracial Couple Denied Wedding License

HAMMOND, La. - A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves," Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."


Yes, one of them might even grow up to be President.

2 comments:

Pink Princess said...

HEAR hear. Yup, suppose one of them might become the later President WHAT a wonderful time that would be. JUST my opinion :)

Lydia said...

Ooo, SNAP! Go, Shay! =D