Friday, July 27, 2012

Unless You're The Lead Dog, the View Never Changes

In the staff meeting this morning, the Communicable Diseases supervisor is singing the praises of a new, highly accurate rectal swab procedure that is now being used in the STD clinic.  She notices that I (the only non-RN at the table) am biting my lip.

She (smiling wickedly):  So, Shay, would you like to come down to the clinic and learn how to do this?

Me:  No thanks.  I saw enough assholes while I was on active duty.

3 comments:

Not Important said...

Excellent.

Bunnykins said...

And who said being a nurse wasn't glamorous?

Perfect response!

Shay said...

I can't tell you how much respect I have for the profession now that I'm working in public health. What those ladies down in the clinics have to put up with, I wouldn't do for a million bucks.