Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Crochet - An Embroidered Rug


Another project from the eBay grab-bag, this one a little rug to crochet of "very heavy Germantown yarn" and then embroider using the chart provided here. The date has been cut off and the magazine is not identified, but the rest of the clippings in the envelope were from the 20's and 30's, and from magazines such as the Woman's Home Companion.

The finished length is about thirty-one inches and the recommended colors for the embroidery are dark green, turquoise, light green, gold, peach, salmon rose, maroon, scarlet, and two shades of blue. If I had a dollhouse, I'd be awfully tempted to make this as a miniature in needlepoint.

4 comments:

Packrat said...

If you had a doll house... I so want one and the little rug to go in it!

The color combination sounds delightful. It has a cute shape, but on a people-sized rug, those tabs might not lie flat.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I'd be tempted to make one like that... without the tabs on the ends tho.

Shay said...

Yeah, the tabs are guaranteed toe-grabbers.

Unknown said...

Hey Shay! You totally crack me up with your sharp wit! I LOVED the comment you left on my blog today! :)