Monday, March 22, 2010

Is That A Gun In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Glad To See Me?

Scene: an emergency management workshop at a local community college. Participants are a mixed bag of first responders, public health workers, civil engineers, etc. I am sharing a table with a state trooper who looks all of...I dunno, 16?

Me: I think we've met before; were you at any of the planning meetings for the big tornado drill last fall?

He: No, ma'am, don't think so.

Me: Are you on the county Disaster Preparedness Committee?

He: No, ma'am, I'm afraid not.

Me: Well, it's funny, but your face looks very familiar!

He: Have I ever arrested you?

5 comments:

Denise said...

dont you love a cop with a sense of humor? Or did you forget to tell us something? ;)

Anonymous said...

Too funny

Shay said...

Denise: my last brush with the law was while I was still on active duty.

'nuff said.

Sam said...

Glad to see the Office of the Peace can do stand up! Was he helpful other making us laugh?

Michelle said...

Very good, I like cheeky.